- The coronavirus pandemic has put a halt to virtually all live professional sports.
- With nothing to watch live on TV, many fans are scrambling for ways to enjoy their favorite sports during the pandemic.
- There are plenty of gripping documentaries about elite sports on streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video that you can watch to fill the gap left by the lack of live sports.
- Check out 15 of Insider’s favorites below.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re a sports fan, the current global shutdown forced by the coronavirus pandemic sweeping the world is doubly difficult.
Not only do you have to contend with the stress and anxiety caused by the pandemic, which has killed more than 90,000 people and infected over 1.5 million, but also with the stoppage of almost all live sport to help protect athletes and fans, and to stop the spread of the virus.
All is not lost, however, when it comes to watching sports during the pandemic.
Not only can fans watch the requisite grainy highlights of their favorite stars on YouTube, and a professional H-O-R-S-E tournament featuring some of the NBA’s biggest stars, there are also a plethora of gripping sporting documentaries on online streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and even YouTube.
Running the gambit from deep insights into the workings of a struggling lower league English football team, to a look at what makes high school quarterbacks gunning for the NFL tick, all the way